Friday, April 13, 2012

Theatre Choices???

Hey all!





What do you think is a good choice for a broadway play? I have been looking at a few and would like to narrow it down. I am thinking about: Hairspray, Jersey Boys, Drowsey Charperone, Color Purple, Wicked or Avenue Q. My daughter will be 21 and Loves the theatre (that is her minor at college) I would like to take her to one with great music so we can buy the soundtrack and sing along! I appreciate your thoughts on this.



Theatre Choices???


Hi Car:





I would recommend Wicked (we saw it two weeks ago and I am still listening to the soundtrack) for both of your requirements, then the Drowsy Chaperone (my daughter loved it last April, and she is still singing with the soundtrack)....





I know some will disagree with me, that is fine...these are just the ones I see as %26#39;sing along%26#39; soundtracks.





have fun whatever you decide!





Lisa



Theatre Choices???


I have not heard of Naked Boys singing, what is this?




Exactly what the title says, men without clothes on singing. It%26#39;s off Broadway. I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s what you%26#39;re looking for.





Let%26#39;s start with budget and when you%26#39;re coming. Some shows are regularly available on discount and others are never and hard to get. If you don%26#39;t mind some off color humor, I think Avenue Q might be a good idea. There%26#39;s some memorable and fun music.





All shows now have their own websites and samples of the musci. Why not listen to some of the ones you%26#39;re considering. Jersey Boys is very difficult to get tickets and never on discount.




I have seen all of these shows and they are all worth seeing, IMHO, with The Color Purple at the bottom of the list, but very good nonetheless.





Wicked %26amp; Jersey Boys are never discounted, Jersey Boys is the toughest ticket in town, followed by Wicked.





The others are discounted from time to time, but it all depends on when you are coming.




As a theater minor, your daughter may (also) like seeing a drama, of which there are many. See http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/off.htm for a complete listing of plays. Journey%26#39;s End 鈥ytimes.com/gst/theater/tdetails.html鈥?/a> has gotten great reviews and discounts are available check broadwaybox.com




I have to concur about Journeys End if it is a drama you want to see, it is one of the best I have seen in a long time.




1. Wicked



2. Jersey Boys



3. Avenue Q



4. Hairspray



5. The Color Purple



6. The Drowsy Chaperone




Wicked and Avenue Q are my two favourites.





If you choose Avenue Q do NOT buy the soundtrack first. It gives too much away imo and you%26#39;re just waiting for the next song to start and imagining what%26#39;s going to happen.




Beauty and the Beast is great for all ages !! avoid Tarzan as it was awful !! what about spamalot - its a scream- they had standing room tickets for $11 at the door -


  • smokey eye
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment