Friday, April 27, 2012

New free Zagat's forum for dining queries

If you%26#39;d like another place to rant, waste time, ponder, trade info and show your expertise about NYC restaurants, check out this discussion forum at Zagat%26#39;s:





www.zagat.com/discuss/ForumTop.aspx鈥?/a>



New free Zagat's forum for dining queries


No!!! Not another forum, I%26#39;m already addicted to three.



New free Zagat's forum for dining queries


If you really want to get involved with NYC restaurants, I think the best place is Chowhounds, Manhattan board



http://www.chowhound.com/boards/18



and they have a board for the other boroughs also.




Bettina - I%26#39;m dying to know where else you post/blog.





It would be great if all the regulars here told everyone where else they post and/or blog - who%26#39;s up for this?





I%26#39;ll go first...





Like Ken suggested, I post frequently on chowhound. The Manhattan Board for sure but also the Outer Boroughs Board, where the very best out of the way places are discovered.





I also post on SeriousEats as well as amateurgourmet, ruhlman, ed levine eats, %26amp; menupages.





Re NYC I post on gothamist and gawker





I also post on several of the NY Times blog spots and several poltical bologs like dailykos





And on travel I post on askanewyorker and fodors - but infrequently.





OK, who%26#39;s next?




LTT, I%26#39;ve seen you on Askanewyorker.com -- that%26#39;s the site that got me hooked in the first place. Still my favorite, too. It%26#39;s got more of an edge, and it%26#39;s not just for tourist info. Very quirky, and lots of fun. I also post on virtualtourist, though there%26#39;s very little traffic on that site.




It%26#39;s Ask A New Yorker and VT for me too. In fact AANY was where Bettina and I first ';met';, a few years back now when she gave me advice on the UWS. I actually ';met'; NY10025 on VT prior to TA when he also gave terrific advice on the area.




Another blog for gastronomes, dining buffs, epicureans, gourmands, and fans of the restaurant scene (mostly NYC):





http://augieland.blogs.com/augie_land/




QB - I agree - augie had a very funny ';star'; system and the most detailed reviews in the biz.





Here%26#39;s one of my fav%26#39;s - a blog the in time will have visited every MidTown restaurant in existence for lunch - a blog for lunch only - how good does it get?



http://www.midtownlunch.com/




livetotravel - Excellent!! My spouse has clients all over midtown, so she will surely love that blog!!





Great news for an area that I always consider such a ';dead zone'; for affordable dining. I know that%26#39;s not true, but that%26#39;s always been my impression.




Favorite Political Blog: By Robert Stein, 83-year-old ';Blogtogenarian'; who was also the former editor of McCall%26#39;s and Redbook magazines. It%26#39;s wry and witty: ajliebling.blogspot.com





Favorite quick and dirty, get restaurant recs fast site: chowhound.com





Favorite NYC food gossip blog: eater.com





Fave travel sites to compare hotel prices: travelzoo, priceline, hotwire, kayak, affinia.





Fave priceline/hotwire bidding strategy site: betterbidding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment