Thursday, April 26, 2012

Smoking and weather in New York

Hi

Just a quick question... We are off to New York a week on Saturday, and so excited! Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like? I have looked on the net and it still seems quite cold, so not sure what to pack.

Also, I do enjoy an occasional ciggarette, and I wondered what the smoking policy is in New York? I can imagine it is pretty much outlawed is it?

Can you smoke inside anywhere, how strict are they about outside smoking? I am going to be a social leper I think!

Thanks in advance

Smoking and weather in New York

Well it%26#39;s cold!

I live in Upstate NY and the temp today is only 24 degrees, it%26#39;s supposed to be cold all week end. so I would suggest to dress warmly. (winter clothes) But if your going to be here for a week, bring some light clothes to, because the weather changes ina blink of the eye!

New York is one of the ';wonderful'; states that has banned smoking almost everywhere.

BUT you can smoke outside, and in Hotel rooms as long as it%26#39;s not a Marriott. No restaruants or bars though.

Believe me, you are not a ';social lepper';.....there are lots of smokers in New York........we just lost our freedom.

Smoking and weather in New York

I went to New York the beginning of Feb. and it was in the teens. We would just walk a little bit and stop in a shop or coffee house and warm up. Be sure to dress in layers so you don%26#39;t get too hot when you go inside. Also bring a travel size umbrella. I%26#39;m a smoker and I noticed a lot of people standing outside smoking :)


Hi

Thanks for your responses. Its pretty much as I expected, its going that way in the UK too! As long as I am not the only one outside puffing away...I just dreaded the thought that it was banned on the streets as well or something!

As for the weather, I will bring lots of layers I think.

Does anybody know if the cigs are cheaper in USA than UK? They are very expensive in the UK, how much would you pay for say a pack of Marlboro lights in New York?

Not long now!!

Thanks

R

x

  • What are the pros and cons of hosting the Olympics in a city
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment