Thursday, April 26, 2012

old 45's/7'; vinyl from 50's/60's

I have promised my dad that I will bring him back some records from the NY. Where would be a good place to source 1950%26#39;s %26amp; 60%26#39;s vinyl singles?

Thank You x

old 45's/7'; vinyl from 50's/60's

Bleecker Bob%26#39;s at 118 W3rd St in Greenwich Village had a selection of old vinyl, and there%26#39;s also Bleecker St Records (239 Bleecker St). They might have what you%26#39;re looking for.

old 45's/7'; vinyl from 50's/60's

Hi! i just wanted to let you know reading your post, that my aunt and uncle own a studio in manhattan called Music on the run(TRUTONE INC) they have done recordings for many famous people.If you are looking for something special they can guide you in the right direction.They own a mastering studio, my aunt Adrianna Rowatti would be more than happy to guide you.They are located at 321- west 44th street suite 1001 new york new york.their telephone number is 212-265-5575.I believe their studio is where John Lennon last recorded.I know you are not looking for studio work, but they can locate anything you are looking for.Best wishes Tammy


I%26#39;ve got stacks if vinyl. If you want it, it%26#39;s yours!


lol B! Still haven%26#39;t got rid of it eh ?


Thanks Daisiegee, I will definitely check out Bleecker Bob%26#39;s :)

tm006 thank you for that. That is really sweet of you. As soon as I hear from my Dad I%26#39;ll have more of an idea of whether he is looking for anything rare, or particularly special that your Aunt may be able to hunt down for me :)

Lol Bettina...if only. My Dad has decided to buy himself a jukebox and stack it full of old vinyl. Which is the other thing he wanted me to do....find him a jukebox. I told him the shipping would probably be excessive, but I guess he can dream.


Pity I didn%26#39;t hang on to my 45s. I%26#39;ve got plenty of LPs though. I keep trying to give them away. I know I should stop my squirrelling and just toss them, but I can%26#39;t bring myself to do the deed.


your welcome enjoy!


Hey Venom....hope you have a great trip and also get to see some snow. I%26#39;ll get all my old disco albums together for you...LOL. In the words of the Bee Gees in Saturday Night Fever, ( or as Queensboulevard once called it that ';depressing movie';) set in Brooklyn.

';You should be dancing....yeah !';


My husband is an avid vinyl 50%26#39;s/60%26#39;s record collector. He is trying to get me to go to Bleecker Bob%26#39;s for him while I%26#39;m in New York, but I%26#39;m not willing to waste any of my precious NYC time looking through grungy old records!


I have lots of vinyl too. My daughter tells me that some of the covers from the old LPs are now very valuable.

  • cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment