Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SMoking and weather in New York

Hi

Just a quick question... We are off to New York a week on Saturday, and so excited! Can anyone tell me what the current weather is like? I have looked on the net and it still seems quite cold, so not sure what to pack.

Also, I do enjoy an occasional ciggarette, and I wondered what the smoking policy is in New York? I can imagine it is pretty much outlawed is it?

Can you smoke inside anywhere, how strict are they about outside smoking? I am going to be a social leper I think!

Thanks in advance

SMoking and weather in New York

Hello fellow social leper! You can smoke on the streets.....don%26#39;t worry you%26#39;ll see others smoking. Most restaurants and bars don%26#39;t allow it any more. What a pain! This is why we vacation in Europe! Hahahahaha

You can get a smoking room in your hotel. Did you ask for one?

As to the weather.... there%26#39;s been a cold snap here that%26#39;s supposed to continue through Easter Sunday....high of the day around 45F. However I think it may be warming up a bit next week. It%26#39;s actually snowing here right now!! (I%26#39;m about 1 hour north of NYC)

For the best long range weather....go to..... www.weather.com

Type in 10023 in the ZIP CODE field and hit enter. This will give you daily as well as 10 day forecast for NYC.

Hope your trip is wonderful!

SMoking and weather in New York

In New York City, smoking is prohibited by law in :

All restaurants and food service establishments

All bars, except for a few ';cigar bars'; existing at teh time the law was created

All stores and shopping malls

All theaters

All indoor arenas

All sports stadiums -- including ';outdoor'; ones such as Shea or Yankee Stadiums, or the US Tennis Center

All transportation facilities

All workplaces.

You may smoke on the street, and it is common to see desperate smokers in shirtsleeves standing outside the doors of office buildings, even in rain or freezing weather, puffing away.


Unfortunately you can only get a smoking room in a hotel that still allows smoking. Many are now all smoke free. There are a few places (ie cigar bars) that still allow smoking. Here%26#39;s a list but doublecheck it%26#39;s up to date before going

鈥bout.com/cs/鈥mokerfriendly.htm


Thanks for your response! I am glad that I am not the only one anyway. I just had visions of getting stopped by the police for smoking in the street or something!

I cant wait now

x

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment