Friday, April 13, 2012

Stanton Social / tapas restaurant

Has anyone eaten here? I would like to go to a tapas restuarant, This restaurant looks nice, but I%26#39;m traveling with my elderly mother, and I don%26#39;t want a restuarant that has a ';bar'; feel. Or can someone suggest another tapas restaurant? I just want to make sure it is appropriate for my mother.



Stanton Social / tapas restaurant


stanton social is very nice.the restaurant and bar areas are on seperate floors.





make sure you try the donuts!



Stanton Social / tapas restaurant


I thought the place was nice, but food was only average. It was more of a small plates restaurant, than anything tapas like in mediteranian terms.



When I was there, it had a young, funky atmosphere, with a dj. Its not the sort of place my elderly mother would enjoy.




Take a look at this previous thread, on which several tapas restaurants are mentioned. Just so you know, Stanton Social gets its fair share of movie stars, musicians, etc. (as well as us normal folks!), so an elderly person *might* feel a bit out of place, especially on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. I have seen a few people in there who could be grandparents, but the clientele does tend to skew a little younger.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1122618鈥?/a>




I have been looking at Staton Social as well. I%26#39;m going to wait and see if it%26#39;s still really ';hot'; when my daughter (16) and I come up after Christmas. However, it seemed just perfect for something she%26#39;d like. Young and hip, but not totally a bar, so she can get in, but might still feel like part of the young adult ';hip'; crowd. I sounded like she%26#39;d think it was cool. Plus the menu didn%26#39;t look really tapas (they have little mini burgers...slides, they call them) and looked like something she%26#39;d eat...she%26#39;d not on the really adventurous side food-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment