Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blow Out Evening Out

Four of us, youthful senior women, have saved money for this blow out evening in NYC. We%26#39;ll eat at either Babbo or Blue Hill (please help with this decision), then go to piano bar at Duplex, all in Greenwich Village, and arrange for a limo to take us back to Long Island. Other choice, if we choose to go to midtown area, would be dinner at La Grenouille and piano bar at Don%26#39;t Tell Mama. We will have about $300 per person. Any other ideas? Will appreciate your advice and thank you for it. Joelle



Blow Out Evening Out


I%26#39;d choose by what cuisine I wanted to eat, Italian, Green Grocer, or French.





Babbo: Upscale, gourmet Italian--with pasta specialties like beef cheek ravioli...





Blue Hill: Upscale greengrocer, simple presentations





La Grenouille: Traditional French.



Blow Out Evening Out


Don%26#39;t Tell Mama is larger, more ';mature'; and classier than the Duplex. But the Duplex is always a psser, esp as the night wears on.




Joelle, I remember you went to Le Bernardin 2 yrs. ago (I think). Where did you go last year? I think you might like to go downtown this year. You might be interested in this post.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1121251鈥?/a>




My personal opinion - I would ditch Baboo - Batali%26#39;s not one of my favorites and friends who have dined here have very mixed reviews, mostly negative.



Others may praise this place, I wouldn;t go here if someone else was picking up the tab.



Plus I think Batali is a pompous a.s.s.



Poppa




Thank you one and all. You are all so knowledgable and so helpful with your responses to this Long Islander. I grew up in NYC, but have lived here for over 30 years and cannot keep up with the latest and greatest. NY Whiz: You are especially amazing and have a fantasic memory. I, myself, did not remember when we last did this and thought it was about a year ago. You remembered that it was two years ago. We don%26#39;t play cards as often as we used to, so took longer to save up. It%26#39;s wonderful having you all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment