Thursday, April 26, 2012

calendar for shows w/discount ticketes

As my other post stated my sister %26amp; I will be in NY at the end of the month with a tour group. I was at a meeting last night and the shows were confirmed: The Drowsy Chaperone and Phantom. We have seen Phantom prefer to see something else, scheduled for Sunday nite, the 29th of April. We will be at South St Seaport Sunday around lunch time and I%26#39;m thinking we could just buy tickets for something else. Where should I look? I went to Broadwaybox.com and would have to pull up every show. I would love Mary Poppins but at $144 a seat, I cannot talk myself into it. Thanks guys!



calendar for shows w/discount ticketes


Unfortunately there is no website we%26#39;ve found that shows shows by day (only by week).





The TKTS booth at the South Street seaport is currently not open on Sundays but on



http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56





it gives the hrs./info on the TKTS booth and it it will reopen on April 15th on Sundays for evening performances so you%26#39;re in luck.





Shows that have had Sunday night performances (double check that it%26#39;s still the case) include Hairspray, Avenue Q, Beauty %26amp; The Beast, Chicago, Mamma Mia, Lion King. Rent, Spelling Bee, the Color Purple. Many of these (if not all) have discounts on broadwaybox or should be at TKTS booth. One option is to print off the discounts from broadwaybox and take them with you to NYC and go direct to the box office of the show for the discount. This also saves you the online transaction fee.



calendar for shows w/discount ticketes


You can see a breakdown of what shows were available on a day-by-day basis over the past week at this link:





http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp





As you can see, last Sunday there were 18 shows that were selling at TKTS, including Avenue Q, Curtains, Hairspray, Les Mis, Rent, and Spring Awakening. That%26#39;s not a guarantee that all of those will be available on the Sunday you%26#39;re here, but it%26#39;s a good bet that most of them will be.




Personally I use, http://www.theatermania.com/home/





I usually get great discounts with them.





Why not try an off Broadway show or off off broadway - You might enjoy them just as much, and some area a lot of fun, especially when you discover one that is not known but great at the same time.





When my partner and I take-in such a show it is a little more memorable than the on Broadway shows. It offers something different - however, it is just as diffucult to get tickets for these shows as with any other Broadway show.





I would give you a list of what to see - however, Off broadway and Off Off Broadway show have limited runs. So what I saw might not be running on your visit.





Do not know how consertive your group is but how about - Naked Boys Singing - very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment