Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Presents ?

I am going to NY the end of May and would like to bring home some presents. Does anyone know how much you can bring back so I dont get caught with excess tax to pay.

Also do you need to take receipts for items you take over there like jewellery, camera ect

Presents ?

All the info is on http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk, check out the travel information page.

You may get away with more if you remove tags etc but I always pack the receipts in my hand luggage just in case. If you get stopped with a handbag you%26#39;ve bought in Century 21 for $50 but retails in the UK at 拢200 stg then it%26#39;s important to be able to prove what you paid.

When I lived in the UK I never got stopped at the airports nor have I been here. You%26#39;re more likely to be stoped around Christmas or if you%26#39;re ostentatiously showing off the bling a la Posh Spice (?) and her 拢5,000 engagement ring.

hth

  • how to curl hair with rollers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment