Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our trip is booked!!!!

It always makes me nervous to purchase plane tickets, especially when they are non-refundable, but....I booked ours! My niece and I will be in NYC July 3-8. I found great flights that get us to LGA on Tuesday by Noon, and then we don%26#39;t have to leave New York Sunday until 6pm! The hotel- Affinia 50 - is booked (refundable) and we have tickets to Wicked already. It%26#39;s all seeming even more real now. It seems early to begin a countdown, but I guess I have. 88 days and counting!





timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html鈥?/a>



Our trip is booked!!!!


Yay!



Our trip is booked!!!!


Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!





I know what you mean about feeling nervous to book non-refundable air tickets, but it will all work out.





88 days will fly by FAST! Have a great time planning!




I%26#39;m right there with you, Plumeria! I booked our non-refundable plane tickets a couple weeks ago. We arrive at 1:15 p.m. and don%26#39;t leave until 8:00 p.m. 5 days later! The hotel (Radio City Apartments) is booked, and I got my tickets for the American Ballet Theater in the mail today. It%26#39;s finally starting to feel ';real';, and I can%26#39;t wait.




Sounds like a great trip so far, PT!




NYCfor me -- when are you going? I was so glad to find an inexpensive flight that left LGA at 6 pm. Most of the cheap flights were leaving so early in the day, and we want to stay as long as we can. We arrive at Noon on a Tuesday and leave Sunday evening. I can%26#39;t wait.




Sounds like both of you have your plans in order and things seem to be working out.





Part of the fun is the anticipation, yes?




Plumeria, we%26#39;re coming in June. I was beginning to think that I would have to settle for high prices and lousy flight times, but got lucky one Saturday with Delta. And NYCgirl is right - half the fun is in the planning! BTW, I%26#39;ve stayed at the Affinia 50, and can%26#39;t say enough great things about it. If it wasn%26#39;t for the 2 young, poor students I%26#39;m coming with that need cheaper accomodations, I would love to stay there again.




I am really excited about the great rate I got for the Affinia 50 ($189/night!!). I hope they upgrade us too. I%26#39;m gonna play up the whole ';16th birthday of my niece/first time in NYC'; angle and see what happens. I got upgraded without even asking at the Michelangelo, so I%26#39;m hopeful for that at Affinia 50 as well.





Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment