Thursday, April 26, 2012

question about weather and clothes in June in NYC

I am going to be in NYC the middle of June and was wondering what the weather is usually like there then. Shorts and tshirts or jeans and a jacket?





Are nights cool? Also I%26#39;m a flip flop girl. Are my feet going to be killing me? I%26#39;m not sure how much walking I%26#39;m gonna be doing. I HATE tennis shoes though unless I%26#39;m exercising.



question about weather and clothes in June in NYC


I can olny tell you my experience in June. Weather was sometimes chilly in the early morning, frequently got hot and muggy in the afternoon and on occasion the sky opened up and dumped incredible rain in the early evening.





Tee shirts, jeans and a jacket will probably do. But you might like a light skirt or pair of shorts





I started out with sandles and quickly went to sport shoes with socks after the first major blisters. Transfered to dress flats for evening events (wearing blister control medicated Band-Aids to ensure I did not further aggravate the issue).





I recommend walking all over the city in the daytime and doing it with comfortable shoes and socks. Flip flops in the daytime may send you over the edge with foot pain issues if you are walking alot.





For evening spiff it up a bit and use public transport or cabs to relieve your feet.



question about weather and clothes in June in NYC


((((I am the proxy of my fashionable wife right now...here is her reply)))





NYC is more of a tank top and jeans town than shorts, which can be uncomfortable on a subway. Cotton cargo pants are really good. The nights are pleasant in June. As for flip-flops, they are definitely not enough support for a day of walking and your feet will be covered black in dirt.





(((my answer for final part))) If you want to really enjoy NYC and see why we are great (all the diverse and wonderful personalities, and architecture and everything else) you will walk, and walk, and walk.




Flip flops are a very bad idea on pavement. You will be walking everywhere, the flip flops will not give you any support, your feet will ache -- and on top of that, this is a big city; walk around all day in flip flops and your feet will be too dirty to be seen by civilized human beings -- but they will be seen, anyway!!!





If you hate sneakers, have you thought of good substantial walking shoes?




NIX the flip-flops - you%26#39;re dogs will be barking up a storm after a few blocks wearing these.





NYC is a walking city, you%26#39;ll be doing a lot of it.





As for weather it will be lovely in June, warm, sunny , so you can wear shorts etc.





Nights are usually a bit cooler than days except in a heat wave, so you%26#39;ll have to check the weather just before you arrive to plan your packing.





Have fun.





Poppa

No comments:

Post a Comment