Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Need hotel with long term parking suggestions for La Guardia

Can anyone tell me where I can stay for one night near La Guardia that has long term parking? I booked Clarion but have read the reviews and am scared to stay there. Any other suggestions for us? We need to leave our car for 8 nights while we travel out of La Guardia.



Thanks



Need hotel with long term parking suggestions for La Guardia


The Pan American hotel is not as close to LGA but has free airport shuttle and long term parking.



panamhotel.com



Need hotel with long term parking suggestions for La Guardia


Well, I know you all are getting tired of my recommending this hotel, but our stay there was great!!



Like you Karen, I too was a bit apprehensive about the place after reading the reviews but once we got there, those worries were quickly forgotten and replaced with a courteous staff, clean rooms and ample, inexpensive ($8 per day) parking. And yes, they too offer long term parking in the same lot and a free shuttle to and from the airport. One thing that did impress me, and it is a small detail, but no matter what time we arrived back to the hotel, the front desk personnel or someone from the small lobby cafe acknowledged our arrival. We did have numerous questions for the front desk and all were answered politely and correctly. She even gave me coins for the bus to get us to the subway station.



What im guessing is that the hotels upper management had heard of the bad reviews they were getting and paid more attention to their property. Again, it is very clean and seemed to be well maintained. Granted a bit dated, but that is acceptable as long as it is clean, which it is in all aspects.



of course, it is not on the same scale as marriotts or hiltons or other upscale chains, but it is acceptable for the money spent (through hotels.com, we paid $105 per night).



believe me, i am very picky about hotel accomodations and if it can get passing grades from me, they must be doing something right.



one big plus for this hotel is that it is literally right across the street from La Guardia so no chance of you missing your flight.



Should you decide to stay here, please drop a line on this forum and let others know that it isnt as bad as the reviews suggest!




Well.....



The Pan America definitely got a better review overall. So with that said.......do I suck it up and stay at Clarion for convenience to airport or do I go for the better stay at Pan America? I%26#39;m only using the hotel for an early morning flight with parking. What would you do? We are travelling 2 families with 4 adults and 5 children.




well, thats your call.....just wanted to tell you what my experience was there and I couldnt find anything bad about the place during our 4 day stay.



I just went through and read the other reviews and couldnt see what the posters were talking about. Granted its not the Four Seasons, but for the price and convenience you really cant go wrong with the Clarion. I think I would rather stay here than at the PanAmerican just to avoid being in the midst of the Queens neighborhood.....if I remember correctly, the traffic, both cars and peds was pretty heavy around that area and I personally wouldnt feel good about leaving my car there. The long term parking at the Clarion seemed to be relatively safe and well lit. Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.




Doing a search I also find the Marriott does park and fly deals. It%26#39;s this one





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g47626-d93649-R鈥?/a>





and I found them listed on



buyreservations.com/AHR%20-%20LGA%20hotel%20鈥?/a>




I called Marriott and they said no park n fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment