Friday, April 27, 2012

Avalon Hotel

hi.. new member here... leaving toronto on april 22 for nyc with 2 girlfriends for a week long stay.





we have a suite at the vincci avalon, and i was wondering if anyone had any comments about the place.





i%26#39;ve read all the reviews available, some are good, some are not so good.





one of my friends has been to nyc several times, and she%26#39;s our ';guide';. we%26#39;re going to do the touristy things, and basically enjoy a week without phones ringing, work pressures, family issues and the like. ;-)





also, just thought of this.... i%26#39;m going to a show at feinstein%26#39;s at the regency on april 24. what%26#39;s the dress code there? what is the menu like? i know it%26#39;s expensive. ;-)





as for weather, i%26#39;m checking the 15 day forecast on accuweather.





thanks in advance,





karenLL



Avalon Hotel


People get dressed up at Feinstein%26#39;s. It%26#39;s one of the few places you could wear a cocktail dress and fit right in. But a nice pair of slacks and a pretty top would also work. Here%26#39;s a sample menu from their website





feinsteinsattheregency.com/download/SampleMe鈥?/a>



Avalon Hotel


Karen are you going to see Donny???? You lucky thing. I%26#39;m missing him by a week but I will see him twice in October over here in England.



I have 2nd row and am so excited.



Have a great time





Ann




hey ann... yes, i%26#39;m going to see donny. :-)





but he%26#39;s not the main focus of this trip. i had my dates picked out last october, and my plane ticket booked long before he announced these shows. he%26#39;s just a happy bonus to nyc. LOL!





are you a donny.commer?





karenLL




I sure am a Donny.commer. I post as Ann from Huddersfield.



I actually met the great man a couple of years ago and managed to get a hug. It was the best day ever. LOL Have a fantastic time and give him a hug from me.





Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment