Thursday, April 26, 2012

restaurant near 45th St between 5th and 6th

Need a restaurant for 7 people pre theater on this Saturday night. Any suggestions in this area which is not too expensive? Any type of food is enjoyed by this group. Most are foodies



restaurant near 45th St between 5th and 6th


I like Dervish very much, nice space, reasonably prices and good food. Turkish food.





www.dervishrestaurant.com





146 W 47th St - between 6th %26amp; Broadway



New York, NY 10036



(212) 997-0070





Wherever you go make a reservation.



restaurant near 45th St between 5th and 6th


I think you%26#39;re going to limit yourself by such a specific street. If your going for pre-theatre then you can really expand choices.





So, if you can walk just a little, on the other side of broadway on 46th street (The Theater District%26#39;s Restaurant Row) is Becco, a Northern Italian.





I%26#39;m not trying to be smug, but as new Yorker I tend to avoid this area of the city; however, I will always venture in if it%26#39;s a chance to go to Becco.





A lot of pre-theater places are food mills. Becco is a very good, not too expensive restaurant that just happens to be in the theatre district.





Also, if you%26#39;re up for good BBQ, I tell you to head to Virgils on 44th between 6th/7th and have the texas wings and a pulled pork sandwich. It%26#39;s BBQ, it%26#39;s loud and it get%26#39;s packed, but it is GOOD!








Bond 45, tasty Italian food with a nice atmosphere, located on 45th between 5th and 6th Avenues. It%26#39;s a large restaurant so it should be able to accommodate you. Hope that helps! Moms




How about Cafe Un Deux Trois? @ 123 West 44th St. Reasonable and decent pre-theatre prix fixe, but if they are truly ';foodies';, they might scoff.





I can also vouch for Dervish. Good eats.




I%26#39;d go with Bond 45 too. Just watch the time, as I%26#39;ve had to fight those guys for a check so I can get to the theater in time.





If you can%26#39;t get a reservation, you might try and get into one of the big family places in the area, like John%26#39;s Pizzeria, Ollie%26#39;s Noodles, or Virgil%26#39;s BBQ. (Forget even trying Carmine%26#39;s!!!)




No No to John%26#39;s... two times and two horrible experiences. The real John%26#39;s downtown is exceptional but the one in Time Square gives John%26#39;s a bad name! and it%26#39;s too bad because it truly is the best Pizza in town.




Tintol is a Spanish tapas place ideal for a larger group on 46th b/e 6th %26amp; 7th.





Via Brasil on 46th b/e 5th %26amp; 6th is an under the radar place that%26#39;s very good.




I was very pleased with my first meal, a pre-theatre dinner last weekend, at Kellari Taverna, 19 West 44th between 5th and 6th. Despite the fact that I walk down that block from time to time, I had never noticed it. A friend recommended it. I had a vision of a typcial neighborhood Greek place, but this was a very sleek and polished Greek/Med bistro. It may not be within your budget, as I wouldn%26#39;t consider it a budget place. However, by eating just appetizers or a main course, but not both, it would meet my definition of reasonable. You can check the menu and read reviews on menupages.

No comments:

Post a Comment