Friday, April 13, 2012

Saturday brunch help; staying close to the theater district

Hello all..just looking for some brunch advice. I%26#39;m taking my mom to see Ave Q%26#39;s 2pm matinee on a Saturday for her mother%26#39;s day gift. I also would like to take her to brunch. Last year I took her to Jersey Boys and we brunched at Thalia%26#39;s on 8th ave. We%26#39;ve been to VNYL and Pigalle before as well.

I%26#39;m looking to stay reasoably close to the theater district so we don%26#39;t have to rush back into midtown after brunch to catch our show. Pastis will have to wait for another day..lol. I%26#39;ve been looking at Norma%26#39;s at the Parker Meridien and Bobby Flay%26#39;s Bar Americain. I%26#39;ve also had The Eatery (on 9th I think) and the Film Center Cafe suggested to me. Can anyone make any suggestions or help me pick a place? Thanks!

Saturday brunch help; staying close to the theater district

I like Bar Americain, but it%26#39;s very busy. I actually prefer Beacon. It%26#39;ll be a 10- to 15-minute walk to the show. Other options are Esca, Le Madeleine, Marseille, West Bank Cafe. I%26#39;m not sure, though, whether these places do traditional brunch, or they serve a regular lunch. Check menupages.com.

Saturday brunch help; staying close to the theater district

If I do can you help me find Jersey Boys tix?? LOL

I happened to see Ave Q as a matinee and we had brunch at Brasserie Ruhlmann at Rockefeller Center. It%26#39;s not very close, but not that far either. The room is beautiful and feels special.

Closer to the Golden theater, Chez Josephine, Foley%26#39;s Fish House (in the Renaissance hotel with a view), Blue Fin (in the W Times Square hotel), West Bank Cafe and Marseille would all be nice and I think feel special.


I forgot Le Madeleine and that%26#39;s a good idea. They have a nice glass enclosed garden room and they have jazz guitar with brunch.


Norma%26#39;s is a big Nor-Nor! Over-Priced-Pretensionism! For a pre-theater brunch I might consider Foley%26#39;s Fishhouse which is located in the heart of Times Square. What a view! The food and service are not on the top of the heap, but may dothe trick for a nice NYC brunch with Mum?Mom! www.foleysfishhouse.com


Thanks for the suggestions...I%26#39;ve been checking them out. I hate that some of the places have only Sunday brunches (like Foley%26#39;s)..as that sounds like a great place to try out.


I had brunch at Beacon on Sunday. It was excellent.


Unless Le Madeleine has improved greatly since we were there in January, I would caution against it. The worst meal we had on a week long trip!


I had brunch at Eatery a while ago and it was ok but definitely nothing special.


Yikes, sorry to hear that Athrasna.

I didn%26#39;t notice the Sat., BG. Marseille does their brunch on Sat. and while I haven%26#39;t had it, menu looks good and I%26#39;ve heard good things about the restaurant. West Bank Cafe also good but unclear from their website whether it%26#39;s lunch or brunch on Sat.


Beacon looked perfect....until Open table gave me the no reservations are available on Saturdays...I assume they are only serving brunch on Sundays as that%26#39;s all I can find reservations for.

  • my computer wont turn on
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment