Friday, April 27, 2012

Trip Report Part 5: Feeling the effects of the night before!

Ok links to the other reports:

Part 1:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1108327鈥?/a> Trip_Report_Day_1_We_made_it_to_New_York-New_York_City_New_York.html

Part 2:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1110225鈥?/a> Trip_Report_Part_2_Walking_walking_and_more_walking_Long-New_York_City_New_York.html

Part 3:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1112661鈥?/a>

Trip_Report_Part_3_So_much_to_see-New_York_City_New_York.html

Part 4:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1123021鈥?/a>

Trip_Report_Part_4_Uptown_loop_Times_Square_and_more-New_York_City_New_York.html

DAY 7 March 24th Stuarts Birthday

Today was Stuarts birthday and we had a big night out the night before and we didn鈥檛 get into the hotel until 7am. I made Stuart get up at 11am, if we had been at home I would have let him sleep but I told him Im not wasting anytime in New York! I had booked and paid for a Liberty Helicopter tour from Expedia but the one I had paid for wasn鈥檛 available Saturday and Sunday which I was disapointed with so I had to book it for Monday and I popped the tickets in his birthday card.

Stuart insisted we have a McDonalds for breakfast as he needed it to help him recover so we went to Time Square to have that.

Stuart had wanted to go to a shop called Yellow Rat B*stard that we had seen while on the tour bus and we heard about before we came. Not sure what area it was though, it had a small Bloomingdales on the street also? Stuart speant forever shopping in there and I happily sat with my sunglasses on outside on a bench and people watched. I was too exhausted to shop! After my little rest we popped into American Eagle where more money was speant and Sephora again! I speant a fortune in New York but in the same 3 shops- Forever 21, Sephora and American Eagle! We split up for an hour and I met Stuart back at YRB where he speant another hour and I spent that time sitting outside on my trusty bench. It was bliss! One of the best things to do in New York is sit and watch everyone go by. We were so tired so we headed back up to the hotel to get ready for our night out for Stuarts birthday meal.

Headed down to Times Square on the subway and to The Renaissance hotel where we were having our meal at Foelys Fish House. Well the place looks amazing and has a fantastic view. The service was great, I would say the best we had our whole trip. And the food? Superb! Ok I do not like seafood, but Stuart loves seafood. So I chose Foelys because it was a seafood restaurant with a great views and we never go to seafood places because I don鈥檛 like it. Well even I thought the seafood was good! For starters I had Ceasar Salad (again!), better than Tavern on the Green Caesar Salad, very tasty and stuart had the Oysters with crab crakes which was very good, I had a wee taste and it tasted really nice. For the main course I had the chicken (what else!) which was good but I think the Caesar Salad filled me up too much and I struggled to eat it. But I did manage to eat the mashed potato which was scrumptious! It was amazing, cant compare it to the Tavern on the Green mash though as this one was a sort of garlic mash, very very nice though. And Stuart had the Lobster tails for main course which he said was lovely. We decided to have desert since it was Stuarts birthday and we just go two to share, Cr猫me Brulee which I had never had before and I didn鈥檛 enjoy the sugar on top and a trio of chocolate mousse- white choc, milk choc and dark choc which was gorgeous! Yum! After enjoying the views it was time to leave as it had been a very tiring day.

I made Stuart stand outside the Hershey store while I went and got the message put up for him on the message board outside. He had no idea what was going on and was quite scared! We went and waited across the street for 10 mins for it to come up while I tried to keep Stuart occupied! I had to go back in and ask her again to put it up as it hadnt gone up and once I came out it went up straight away. He was so surprised! It was sweet, we stood and watched it for a while which was so fun and it was a great surprise. I recommend this to anyone it only cost $5! It鈥檚 a great surprise. After this we got a cab up the road as it was getting late and we were very tired from the previous night.

Trip Report Part 5: Feeling the effects of the night before!

Wonderful!

Foley%26#39;s is added to my UB list. (You listening, Kazza?)

Trip Report Part 5: Feeling the effects of the night before!

Sure am B! Would have loved to see Stuarts face when his birthday message came up at Hersheys. Not surprised you were shattered--not in till 7am? Dirty stopouts ;)


Honestly I would give Foelys a go, its such a nice restaurant and our waitress was lovely. I would go back there for sure and I think I would even have seafood! And the view is so nice too.

Daiseygee thats what my mum called me a dirty stop out!


Great minds think alike ( it%26#39;s the Mum gene you know)


I just love reading trip reports ... and yours went straight to my trips folders as I hope I will be visiting New York very very soon (hopefully in September?).

I guess there are still some parts coming, isn%26#39;t it?


Yeh I have 3 more days to post!


Odile, how much was the tab for your bill at Foleys? thinking of stopping here for my birthday trip, for drinks and view if not for dinner. Thanks!


Really enjoying your trip reports! And thanks so much for putting all the links to the others on here too.

I did read your reply about the Uptown Tour and that it was with Greyline. Thanks!


I think the bill came to about $145 (not including tip). I cant quite remember exactly but I think thats what it came to for sure. That was 3 courses each, a bottle of water ($7! It was that Voss or whatever its called water and its in like a jar sort of thing?) and a glass of white wine for the birthday boy and I just had pineapple juice. It was definetley worth it, the food was top notch!


Loving your reports. Keep them coming!

2 out of 3 of my favourite shops too - I loved YRB and American Eagle. (not so keen on Forever 21 for some reason)

And another thing to add on to my UB list - people watching! Can%26#39;t believe we haven%26#39;t managed it yet!

  • pc or mac
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment