Friday, April 27, 2012

Empire State and Top of the Rock

I want to go to the Empire State Building and Top of the Rock...but undecided what time of the day to go for the best views. Originally, I wanted to do the Empire State during the day and Top of the Rock at night. But after reading different reviews Im kind of stuck now.





Any ideas?





Thanks! :)



Empire State and Top of the Rock


I don%26#39;t know if I will be of any help here. But...I have been to the Top of the Rock. I went on a Saturday around 8:30 or 9:00 A.M. I have to say that the views were spectacular!





As you may or may not know, the Rock is enclosed in glass and has different landings so to speak, so you do get the panoramic view. When I went, my friend and I were the only two there at the time! I have not been into the Empire State Building. I don%26#39;t know if will do that or not since I was quite satisfied with the Rock. Also, I%26#39;m not one for claustraphobic surroundings as I%26#39;ve heard with the ESB.





I hope I was of some help!



Empire State and Top of the Rock


I have been to the ESB during the day and at night and the views are great, the night time is actually ( in my opinion) breathtaking. The TOTR has fabulous views during daylight and at sunset, but after dark the park can%26#39;t be seen at all and is just a black blob. I would suggest that you go to the TOTR just before sunset so you can get the best of both worlds.



The experience of getting up the TOTR is a heck of a lot better than the ESB, but I still think that the ESB is an icon that should be experienced--it always gives me goosepimples.




I agree with Daisiegee. If, however, you can%26#39;t do sunset for whatever reason then I%26#39;d do ESB at night TOTR during the day.




Tiggerly,



Here is a link to a report I did after visiting both a couple of weeks ago.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1092179鈥?/a>





I am not trying to say in my report that people shouldn%26#39;t see the ESB. In fact I understand why people would want to. I just found ESB disapointing after TOTR.



My advice would be to visit TOTR during the day and ESB at night, or later in the day(dusk). There were no lines for TOTR during the day and the lines at ESB are usually long. However at night the lines at ESB should be much better.



Have a great trip!




Here%26#39;s a discount voucher for your visit to TOTR:





www.theatermania.com/extras/TopOfTheRock/





Have fun! :-)




Thanks for much for your advice guys! I have decided to do TOTR just before sunset so I can catch a view the city during daylight and dusk/night and then we will go to dinner and after dinner we will head to ESB since their last lift is now at 1:15 am, we should have plenty of time to make it! :)





PS. Also, thanks for the discount coupon! Greatly appreciated!










Just got back fromNYC and did TOTR. iT IS A MUST.Go at sunset as we did .The views are amazing. We didn,t do Empire Estate Building as we felt TOTR DID IT FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment