Friday, April 27, 2012

From TA: In need of some updates...

Hello Forums Posters!





We understand that some of TripAdvisor%26#39;s listings for Hotels, Attractions and Restaurants may be out of date.





If you know of any item we have currently listed on T/A that should be removed (due to being permanently closed) or renamed, please let us know.





Thanks! We appreciate your help!





~Zoe



From TA: In need of some updates...


What%26#39;s in it for me...? :-)



From TA: In need of some updates...


Lol cbcito - I was just thinking the same thing!




a really cool black TA drawstring backpack I%26#39;ll bet ;-)




No backpacks from this department, sorry! - we%26#39;re just the ';clean up'; folks. :-)





And no need to post anything if you don%26#39;t want to - we just know a lot of folks on the forums post helpful information for other travelers...and we think it would be helpful to others to get rid of any out-of-date listings off the site.





We find that lots of hotels/restaurants/attractions are eager to get listed in the first place, but when they go out of business they aren%26#39;t so helpful anymore in getting unlisted.





Thanks!





~Zoe




How about banishing Woogoo Apts. from this site?




Hi I did not explore the whole site, but do you have 2 things listed 1 is for kids especially families with small girls the american girl doll place on 64th and lexington ave, and for dining benihanna on 47 west and 56th street.This forum does need some freshing, alot of things do need to be upgraded.I know that I did not 100 answer you as to what to exclude but just giving opinion. I love tripadvisor!




Hey ~Zoe....do you sit anywhere near Jane, you know, the mysterious woman who seems to send the canned answers when I try to remove a post? And is the Wizard ...behind the curtain... really a Wizard? You scratch my back and I%26#39;ll scratch yours.




Here%26#39;s a few answers ...





To marleney - Our policy is to list all accommodations that are still doing business with the public. We think it%26#39;s important for people to be able to leave comments (good or bad) so that people doing research will have the latest and best feedback about a place. I know that sounds like a canned answer, but we%26#39;ve really put a lot of thought into it and decided it%26#39;s better to have the whole (sometimes ugly) story out there!





To Lotuspath - Jane%26#39;s on a different floor, but I%26#39;ve seen her and she really doesn%26#39;t look too mysterious. And I%26#39;m not sure what you mean by ';Wizard'; since we don%26#39;t have curtains (only venetian blinds) and from what I%26#39;ve seen, nobody sits around giving out Hearts, Brains or Courage. Maybe an occasional backpack, but that%26#39;s about it. :-)





Thanks again for all your help.




And tmoo6 - No need to look through the site to find old listings - just if you happen to see any you recognize as being old/defunct, if you could reply to the post, that%26#39;s terrific! Thanks again!





~Zoe




Hi ~Zoe



You%26#39;ve been a real good sport with me and thanks for scratching my back. Now I%26#39;ll scratch yours...but you%26#39;ll also have to tell me if I should scratch you a little to the right or left? Though I should also will warn you that I give terrible massages so the buck stops right here...and... ';I%26#39;M NOT DRIVING YOU TO THE AIRPORT !';



As far as I know, the following clubs have all bought the farm and gone the way of Max%26#39;s Kansas City and the Mudd Club...



Roxy (just this week)



CBGB (country-blues-bluegrass...I think?)



The Bottom Line



Times Square Club



Tunnel



Limelight/Avalon



Crobar



Coney Island High



Wetlands



Brownies



Fez



Copacabana (please check this for accuracy cause it%26#39;s hard to believe)



Luna Lounge (in Manhattan)



I also thought I saw that Birdland had closed as well as Polyester but that was time ago...check the facts on all these clubs or someone please correct me since I%26#39;m very prone to make mistakes.



I will give you more closings tomorrow but I need to compile a list and there is the extra perk of ';bumping'; up your post again. I also need and enjoy the Stewart Smalley Daily Affirmation from the TA NYC Forum...I just look into my computer screen and say ';I%26#39;m good enough, I%26#39;m smart enough and doggone it...people like me.'; I need all the new friends I can get !



By the way, you said that ...**from what I%26#39;ve seen, nobody sits around giving out hearts, brains and courage**...well, take a look at the last line on page 11 of the post below;



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k992922-鈥?/a>


  • sebum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment