Tuesday, April 24, 2012

probably stupid question about ESB

I was looking into buying my tickets online. First of all I%26#39;m not sure which day I will visit it so does that part matter when ordering them online? Also how much time am I saving by ordering them online?





Looking at their site I see that the ones you buy in advance are to the 86th floor observatory. It said that the 102nd floor observatory tickets are not available online. Does anyone know why not? How much is the ticket to that floor and which one is worth it? Thanks!



probably stupid question about ESB


The time saving question is difficult to answer, if you arrive at a peak time then you could save an hour or more. We got there at 4pm and went straight up, no queue but I%26#39;ve also been there on a Saturday morning and queued for almost 2 hours.





The 102nd floor is not always open, depends on weather. It%26#39;s been closed both times I%26#39;ve visited the ESB so can%26#39;t say if it%26#39;s worth it.



probably stupid question about ESB


You do save time avoiding the ticket buyers line by buying online. You don%26#39;t have to pick a specific day. They don%26#39;t expire. People say it%26#39;s not worth paying extra to go to 102 floor. Don%26#39;t bother with the skyride.




There is something called the citypass.com that%26#39;s a discount pass for 5 venues including the ESB. If you buy that, you get to skip the lines. Check it out and see if you plan to do those things anyway.




The 102nd floor observatory is DEFINITELY not worth the extra price. Frankly, I think you could skip ESB altogether, and go to TotR instead.




Having recently been to the 102nd floor, it definately is NOT worth the extra $$$$.




Okay thanks for the tips so far. Looks like I%26#39;m definatly not going to the 102 floor. I am going to the 86th floor and buying tickets in advance. If I have them in advance what is the time table that we are looking at to spend there?





I%26#39;m trying to fit in as much as I can in my short visit.




We went to the ESB at about 6:30 PM on a monday evening and were in line for almost a hour and a half WITH a city pass.



There was NO wait at the Top Of The Rock on a weekday afternoon and it was a much better view/experience all around.



I realize you get to say ';I went to the top of the ESB....'; but personally, it wasn%26#39;t worth it for us.




Tragically, I agaree with you -- when time is short, one is usually better off at TotR -- and you can see the ESB from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment