Friday, April 27, 2012

Hotel and tips

I will be travelling with my 16 year old daughter in June. We have reservations at the Sheraton Manhattan Times Square for 4 nights. Some of the reviews make me question my choice. Please advise on suitable (clean/safe) hotels. Also, are the hop on/off tours a good way to navigate the city?

Hotel and tips

The Sheraton Manhattan is a few blocks away, but is not ';in'; Times Square. It%26#39;s a business class hotel. I%26#39;ve never seen the rooms, but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s fine. It%26#39;s definitely safe. Have you read through the reviews and seen the Candid Traveler Photos? It%26#39;s also directly across the street from the larger Sheraton New York %26amp; Towers.

The hop-on, hop-off buses are good for getting an overview of the city. I wouldn%26#39;t advise using them as transportation though. Our subway might be 100+ years old, but it%26#39;s still the best way to get around.

Have a great trip.

Hotel and tips

The hotel sounds fine, especially if you got a good rate. I think the best way to navigate the city is for the most part on foot. Manhattan is exceptionally walkable. So my advice is to think walk first, for 20 or so block distances in good weather, subway second, for longer distances or bad weather, and cab last for late nights or places of distance that public transport does not reach. A bus tour might be fun for one day just to get an overview of the city, but not for a primary mode of transportation.

  • best web host
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment