Thursday, April 26, 2012

2 days to go, and praying for snow.....

Haha. I arrive on Sunday, and right now I%26#39;m a ball of nervous energy. I hoping it snows on Sunday, as I%26#39;ve never seen snow before. But in any case it looks like I%26#39;ll be singing in the rain at some point during my 12 day NY trip. Nevermind, nothing will spoil this trip of a lifetime. Although, I%26#39;m not entirely sure I even own that much really warm clothing...lol. Will there still be winter type clothes in the stores for me to buy?





As far as my itinerary goes..... I don%26#39;t have one. The only thing I have ';booked'; in is Estradasphere and Jersey Band @ Southpaw 04/10. Beyond that I have addresses for places I%26#39;d potentially like to go, and I%26#39;ll be going wherever the wind takes me.





Thanks to everyone for their help, and to Lotus for the entertainment factor ;) There may well be 3am postings from my hotel in the next couple of weeks. I%26#39;m a notorious insomniac





x



2 days to go, and praying for snow.....


Ok, first of all, we love our visitors and forum friends but no snow, please. Sorry, it is April, enough with winter, where is spring?





Right now it is very cold outside and I had to take out the scarf %26amp; gloves again, and was NOT happy about it.





And, not having an itinerary, you can play it by ear, when the weather is not good, head to a museum, when it is nice, be outdoors.





When you get here it may be worthwhile for you to pick up a copy of Time Out NY, that has all the NYC info you will need for the week.





Just have layers, you will be fine, if you need gloves %26amp; a scarf you can get them from street vendors all over town.





Have a great time, and let us know how things are going.



2 days to go, and praying for snow.....


I thought it snowed a little yesterday morning? Just very lightly.



I saw flakes coming down. I thought it was dust or ash but when they landed on me it melted.





I%26#39;m not someone who gets up so early nor do I suffer from insomnia but since arriving I%26#39;m waking up really early. I think my body clock has adjusted but I%26#39;m waking up naturally around 6am and that never happens!




Well lets hope it snows for you now, and somehow spring finds its way there, as we are there start of May, coming from LA and going to Honolulu. So the idea of packing coats scarfs, among the shorts and the t shirts is not leaving enough room for the shopping.



Watching the www.weather site daily.



Have a wonderful time.



mrsdj




Thanks everyone!





Hopefully if I get the chance there will be some sort of mini report in the first few days after I arrive.







Don%26#39;t worry, I don%26#39;t want snow and cold weather the whole time I%26#39;m there. I%26#39;m just fascinated by the idea of this ';phenomenon'; I%26#39;ve never seen.





x




Well, keep you hopes up, we actually had two %26#39;squals%26#39; (bad spelling I%26#39;m sure) of snow yesterday and the weather folks are predicting some more flurries over the weekend.





But fortunate for us (not for you) nothing has stuck to the ground!




well, how about we hold the snow and give you some cold instead? looks like that is about all you may get this visit.



Love how you arent planning anything, just playing it by ear. I think my next trip that is how Im going to do it. I have a good idea of what I want to see, but I think if it happens great, if not, theres always next time.



Hope you have fun and ok, maybe just a glimpse of snow for you...we%26#39;ve had enough for the year!!!!!! Have a blast....I know I did!!




There were a few flurries this afternoon. ;(




glad to see you%26#39;re going to be hanging out in Brooklyn at Southpaw! If you get hungry, 5th Avenue in Brooklyn has lots of restaurants - Blue Ribbon is open until 2:00 AM on the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment