Sunday, April 22, 2012

HotelClub

Ok experts...





My wife has found a website called hotelclub.com which appears to have very competitive rates for New York hotels. We were looking at Belleclaire Hotel which had rooms available and extremely cheap rates for a June vacation (the 21st through 27th). When I went to the hotel%26#39;s website it indicated they had no rooms available yet there were rooms available indicated on the hotelclub website.





Two things:



1). Has anyone had any experience with hotelclub.com?



2). Although the candid pics of Belleclaire hotel look horrible on Tripadvisor, the ratings appear to be rather decent. Can we rely on clean and comfortable accommodations at this hotel?





Thank you very much for your time and help!



HotelClub


I haven%26#39;t stayed at this hotel nor used hotelclub but I did a quick search on Trip Advisor of the hotel, clicked on CHECK RATES and found that Expedia had cheaper rates for all room types than hotelclub. BTW, the cheapest room offered at this hotel has a shared bath that is shared with 2 other rooms.





I looked at the candid photos of which you spoke, and frankly,as an ex-NYer of 20+ years, I can tell you that the rooms depicted -- while lacking pictures on the walls and having clothes strewn about -- are pretty typical for a modest-priced hotel in New York. These hotels are old and not particularly fancy. The room sizes and shapes are somewhat obsolete. That%26#39;s what you can expect in New York.





The neighborhood is great, btw. I lived just a few blocks from this hotel. The upper west side has a real neighborhood feel and is only minutes to Times Square by taxi, subway or bus.



HotelClub


I have used this site several times and I could say they are reliable.



Haven`t been in new york. but planning to be there next week and book a hotel via hotel club.



I have used hotel club when I was in china and philppines and so far no problems encountered yet.....




Advice so far is good. I%26#39;ve heard of hotelclub on this forum. I once needed a room for a visiting friend and found it on Hotelclub when the hotel%26#39;s own reservation dept didn%26#39;t have one. I phoned and asked if it was legit and they said yes. (I guess they commit a certain number of rooms to bookers). I%26#39;m not sure the Expedia price is cheaper (I guess it depends on what size room you need/how many people) but I did notice the price for the Salisbury is excellent !!! on Expedia if you can manage with a ';standard'; room of a king or 2 doubles. ;) I think the Salisbury will be nicer than the Belleclaire.




I agree with whiz that the Salisbury is a very good alternative to the Belleclaire.





I price hotels a lot and use every resource I can scrounge up. I have found that Web sites are not the most reliable way to judge a hotel%26#39;s room availability. A Web site may say sold out, while a call directly to the hotel may indicate vacancy. And vice versa.





Some travel agents book a block of rooms, and even if a hotel is sold out through other means, those rooms might well be available through the agent. If you make a reservation through hotelclub, make sure you get a confirmation number. Before your trip call the Belleclaire and make sure they have your reservation for the dates and type of room you specified.









No comments:

Post a Comment