Sunday, April 22, 2012

Etickets

I%26#39;m a bit nervous because this is the 1st time I%26#39;ve used them. What do I need to bring along to prove that this is our flight? The paperwork I received to my email address when I booked? Have people used them before?



Hope you can help



Etickets


That%26#39;s all I use nowadays!





Yes, bring your email from the airlines, the credit card you used to charge the tickets and if you want (I do this) a print of the itinerary from the airlines website (you can access this with your booking reference number).





The beauty of e-tickets is you can usually check in online 24 hours before your flight and confirm your seats (or change if you want) and print your boarding ticket (bring that with you too).





Once you do it this time you%26#39;ll NEVER go back to paper tickets again, it%26#39;s fantastic!



Etickets


I have just booked my first flight ever too and did it with expedia and have etickets too. I%26#39;m nervous just like you. I%26#39;m afraid I%26#39;ll get to the airport and not have what I need. LOL




Don%26#39;t be nervous. As other said, print up your boarding pass(es) 24 hours before your flight. If you can%26#39;t do that, most airlines have machines at the airport that allow you to do this. I travel with carry-on luggage so I just take my boarding pass and head to airport security. If you have luggage to check, do as the other posters advised and bring your itinerary with the confirmation number on it.




What about the credit card? The confirmation from the airline says that I have to bring the credit card that was used in the booking. But if the credit card is renewed before my travel, how will it work??





My renewed creditcard has the same cardnumber and name as the card I used in the booking. The only difference is the expiry date and CVV-number (VISA).





Will the airline accept this??




Yes--the airline will accept it as long as it is the same account number. BTW, if you use the machines in the airport to get your boarding pass, you will need the credit card that you used to book your flight.




I always bring a copy of my itinerary, but I%26#39;ve only been asked for it once, when I arrived in London. To check in at kiosks, for most airlines, you can use your credit card, passport or confirmation number. I%26#39;ve never been asked for the credit card otherwise and don%26#39;t even think to bring it. Normally you%26#39;re just asked for your passport/ID.





Paper tickets are a pain, and if you lose them, good luck with the hassle you%26#39;d have to go through to replace them. That%26#39;s why most airlines no longer use them. I%26#39;d go out of my way to find a different airline if they did actually require paper tickets because they are just horrible!




I will be checking in online, so I don%26#39;t think the credit card will be any problem.




I also checked in on-line in October, and will do so again tomorrow for my Wednesday flight...I was asked for the credit card I made the booking with when I got my passport checked, but hadn%26#39;t taken it with me!! It wasn%26#39;t a problem though, I just showed them another card I had which had my name on it, and they were quite happy with that. That was flying from Manchester to JFK. Coming back from JFK, I wasn%26#39;t asked for it.


  • makeup websites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment