Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What happens if Mets game is called off?

No doubt im panicking over nothing, but it has forcasted showers on thursday and i have tickets. I have witnessed NY rain on my last visit and it just rained none stop.





So, if the worst happens and the weather is bad, how will i know if the game is off? will it be online?





Also, should i still travel to shea regardless in order to exchange my ticket? or do u just turn up on the next game with the previous days ticket?





Sorry for so many questions!





Ps, hope all u Met fans enjoy opening day...lets go mets!



What happens if Mets game is called off?


As of right now, the weather.com web site is predicting a 40% chance of showers for Thursday, so you may be worrying about nothing. That said, the only advice I can give is to play it by ear.



If the weather is so bad the game is canceled during the day, that news should be on the Mets website and local newspaper web sites. It should also be on the radio station that broadcasts Mets games. I think that is WFAN, but I%26#39;m not sure; let some local Mets fan confirm that.



If the weather is just drizzly, or raining on and off, they may try to play the game, and you will then have to decide if you want to risk sitting at Shea Stadium in the cold and damp, hoping the game gets played.



If the game is indeed canceled, you shouldn%26#39;t need to travel to Shea to exchange your ticket. The Mets and Phillies will have to make the game up at a later date, quite probably when you are no longer visiting. In that case, you should be able to get a refund for your ticket, but you shouldn%26#39;t have to go to Shea to get that. You can check with the Mets ticket office or go online to be sure as to the procedure to obtain a refund.



Finally, do not just show up for the next game with your previous day%26#39;s ticket. The ticket you have is just for Thursday; it won%26#39;t get you into Friday%26#39;s game. If the game is rained out, you could call the ticket office and see if they have tickets available for the Friday game; maybe they will let you just exchange them. Or you might have to purchase tickets to Friday%26#39;s game, and then you can get a refund for the rained out game.



Hope this helps.



What happens if Mets game is called off?


Kelly ..... just because they are predicting rain do NOt presume the game will be rained out, even this early in the season, when the weather is so very unpredictable the teams really will make every effort to get the game ';in'; despite the weather..... but the umpires may not choose to even start the game if they feel there is a good likelihood that the game may not be completed. Rocco has given you some very good advice. But also remember, sometimes the start of the game can be delayed for a couple of hours before they fianally call it off or else they may start the game and then have a delay in the middle of play while the ground crews covers the field before resuming the game later after the rain subsides.



In case of any prolonged rain delays, I suggest that you just quietly smile, sit back, and keep mumbling to yourself that .....';April showers bring May flowers ..... April showers bring May flowers ..... April showers bring May flowers';..... over and over and over again ..... if that will make you feel any better about sitting there in the cold rain. I never get tickets for this early in the season, ( my tickets are for June and September ), for this very reason.



If all else fails, it might be a very nice gester of you to put those tickets aside for me and my ';homies'; that are real METS fans and then we can use them. I have never sat there in the cold April rain before and I%26#39;ve also been known to occasionally mumble to myself in the rain ..... so no one will even notice or think it%26#39;s a bit odd of me. That Lotuspath ..... he%26#39;s so crazzzzy !



Have a great trip ..... I was only joking about sending me the tickets ..... or was I ?




Thanks loads for the advice, just checked forcast again and it now says rain and thunder! anyway i will remain hopeful. As for tickets going to waste.....if that is the case they will b heading in ur direction lotuspath!




Kelly ..... I get your tickets if you can%26#39;t get a refund ..... SWEET !!!!!



He shoots ..... he SCORES !!!!!! Whoops ..... I think that%26#39;s either basketball or hockey ..... never mind. You%26#39;re a sweet heart. Hope you don%26#39;t get rained out and get to enjoy the game. LET';S GO METS !!!!!




If the Mets game is cancelled, your ticket will be good for the rescheduled game...since you%26#39;re from England, I would get a refund that day. I just checked weather.com and it says 70% chance of rain/thunder...i would play it by ear...if it is just drizzling, they will still play the game. They will only cancel the game if it is really raining (pouring) or if there is lightning. I hope this helps! Lets Go Mets!





Helen




Well i have since checked the Mets website and it seems a refund is only available via post or going to the ticket office. Think the ticket office is at key span park though! anyway im keeping my fingers crossed that the rain keeps off.





Thank u everyone for all the advice.




No use crying, talking to a stranger



Naming the sorrows that you%26#39;ve seen



Too many bad times, too many sad times



Nobody knows what you mean





But if somehow you could pack up your sorrows



And give them all to me



You would lose them, and I know how to use them



Give them all to me !!!!!





I keeping my fingers crossed for you Kelly.




Lotuspath u r a little darling! Think of me on thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment