Wednesday, April 18, 2012

filipino stores

My friends and I are scheduled to visit New york next week for 7 days, WE are very much interested and curious to find filipino stores out there. please help us find it and show us how to go there. Thank you very much. Any help is very much appreciated.



filipino stores


I%26#39;m no expert on the area, but there is an area in the neighborhood of Woodside (in Queens) in sometimes referred to as ';Little Manilla'; because of the preponderance of Filipino residents, restaurants, and businesses. This is around Roosevelt Avenue from roughly 65th to 70th Streets.





The easiest way to get there is to take the 7 train to 69th Street.





That said, hopefully QueensBoulevard or GreenWhiteBlue will chime in--they know much more about Queens than I do.



filipino stores


Hello here are a few places in manhattan for you 1- Is The new manila food market located on 14th street and 1st ave phone # 212-420-8182.The other is a restaurant called Turo Turo in the east village 214 first ave between 12th and 13th.Good Luck and enjoy!




Ozy ..... ( BTW, I love your screen name )..... I was out for drinks and diner with three other couples and one of their male friends, about two weeks ago and all the other people at the table (except me and my wife) were Filipino.



All of the group said they live in Jersey City, New Jersey which is only a short Path train away. They told me Jersey City has a very large Filipino presence, however, even they said ( no offense.....I%26#39;m just quoting them )..... ';Filipino food su*ks'; we were actually all eating in a Thai restaurant at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment