Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tripadvisor makes the NY TImes AGAIN....

Great article in yesterday%26#39;s NY TImes travel section on how hotel managers pay attention to reviews people write on TA! The Affinia group is mentioned particularly as paying close attention. You%26#39;ll have to register for free to read it here

鈥ytimes.com/2007/04/08/travel/08prac.html

Tripadvisor makes the NY TImes AGAIN....

Whiz,

That is an interesting article. I am not surprised that Affinia is reading the reviews because they are so customer-service oriented. Good for them.

A bit disturbing however is that Trip Advisor is now letting hotels use the reviews.

I have a couple problems with this... First, it goes without syaing that anything we put on here becomes TA%26#39;s property, but still I don%26#39;t like reading something I may have written posted on another Web site without my permission/knowledge.

Second, until TA cleans up shill reviews then I think the reviews generally aren%26#39;t reliable. I can just see the London Hotel posting those rave (possibly fake) reviews on its site. Why wouldn%26#39;t they, after all they are glowing. But, they are also misleading. It now makes more sense to me why TA is letting those reviews stand. They have even more value to a corporate sponsor of the Web site.

TA%26#39;s motto - ';Get the truth and go...';

Hmm....

Tripadvisor makes the NY TImes AGAIN....

Have you all left comments on The Times%26#39; re the article? Wonder who ';cynical traveler'; (#6) is.


Hadn%26#39;t noticed that, B. ;)


Cynical Traveler sounds like me...but it isn%26#39;t. I totally agree with his/her comments though.

Again, kudos to Affinia for actually dealing with the complaints in the negative reviews.


Online Reputation Management?

There is such a thing as Online Reputation Management?


I posted on the Times comments section this morning (it isn%26#39;t up yet) and stated I thought TA had a way to go to rid themselves of PR shills both on the review sections and on the forums. Other review type Boards are succeeding in doing that (particularly chowhound) there is no reason that TA can%26#39;t so it. I%26#39;m doubtful of course because TA isn%26#39;t independent by any means.

  • what is your best money saving idea
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment