Sunday, April 22, 2012

First-timer for New York! Woo!

Heya, my names Matt, from England!





I will be travelling to New York for the first time (and for my first EVER holiday) during early July and will be 20 when I arrive.





I am staying in a hostel just south of Central Park, but above Times Square, so I am quite near the action I guess? :)





I%26#39;m a young gay lad, only out to a few very close friends back here, and I have no real experience of ';the scene';, etc, and am looking for a nice friendly gay bar where I can hang out during the evenings, make some mates and have some fun!





I am looking for some recommendations for where I can do this! I am travelling on a budget (about $1400 for 10 days spending money), so I don%26#39;t wanna dish out tooons of dollars per drink. I kinda like the idea of meeting up with people when I get there, so they can show me around, chill out in central park, show me the sites and more!





Thanks in advance!





Matt x



First-timer for New York! Woo!


Unfortunately, there are no gay bars, or bars of any sort, in New York City where you can hang out -- orat least where you can hang out and be served. The legal drinking age in New York City is 21. The fact that you are gay will be irrelevant to the welcome that you receive in any establishment. The fact that serving you a beer can cost a place its liquor license, on the other hand, is something else.



First-timer for New York! Woo!


unfortunately, what GWB says is true....21 and over only for bars and clubs, and yes, most all places do check your id when you walk in the door.



there is a online ';magazine'; that does have some info you may be able to use www.hx.com. it gives listings of happenings, resources, etc and is a great place for gathering info. also, have you checked out www.gay.com chat rooms to meet a few guys before you arrive?




matt u WILL get i.d at most places for beer, twice ive had to show my passport to get into a club and to be served beer and im 27! u will have a great time in NYC solo. i did it back in the summer for 5 days- i stayed in a hostel and made friends with the other roomies and went out clubbing.. enjoy :o)


  • makeup websites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment