Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Anyone seen Talk Radio, Curtains or Prelude to a Kiss?

I%26#39;m starting to look on Broadwaybox to see what%26#39;s available for our trip in May and all of the above have discounts that are valid ofr our dates. Has anyone on here seen them and if so what did you think?





Also - how do I find out who is staring in a show? (Not all of them have the info on Broadwaybox)





Thanks.



Anyone seen Talk Radio, Curtains or Prelude to a Kiss?


Sorry - I meant to say that we like the sound of them all and currently Talk Radio has discounts for our dates!!



Anyone seen Talk Radio, Curtains or Prelude to a Kiss?


Of the 3 I have seen Talk Radio and I was not thrilled.





Check www. playbill.com





Click on Broadway on the left and it gives you information for each show after you click on it - theatre, seating charts, running time, schedule, cast, etc.




Oh NYCgirl. Tell me why. I have a friend coming in the beginning of May and am also looking for tix for some shows and we were going to try Talk Radio.




I%26#39;d say go see Talk Radio. Two reasons: Liev and Schreiber.





He really gives an excellent performance, despite a script that cuts corners. It packs a punch despite some shortcomings.





Sometimes you just want to go to a drama and see a darned good performance. Well here is one, plus the discounts make it a terrific bargain. That%26#39;s why I posted about the codes. It%26#39;s a good deal.




Have you been yet, Voy?




Yep.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1072224鈥?/a>




Although I do agree the performance is good, it left me cold, I did not like any of the characters, and for me, I have to feel something for them, even the evil ones, and it did not cut it for me in that vein.




Thanks for the info guys. Of the 3 I%26#39;m most interested in Curtains as I%26#39;ve had a soft spot for David Hyde Pearce since his %26#39;Niles%26#39; days and would love to see him in a play.




There is a recent post about Curtains. I mentioned that I saw it last weekend and enjoyed it very much. It is a light-hearted, fun, show. There are a number of stand out performances and a couple of really good dance numbers. David Hyde Pierce does a great job. If you want groundbreaking theater, this isn%26#39;t it, but if you want a feel-good show I highly recommend it.




Thanks for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment