Sunday, April 22, 2012

Which online service offers the best package deals?

I was just wondering what some of you thought about places like expedia, priceline, etc and if one offers better deals over the others? This is my first time booking a trip this way, and I used expedia.com and think I got a decent deal. (Airfare from Pgh and two nights at the Rockefeller Hotel for around $630 in mid April)

Is there a place that can compare them all with just inputting your information once? (Kind of like how progressive will give you the rates of their competitors )

Which online service offers the best package deals?

I think they are all about the same, especially when it comes to the package deals. As a general rule, the package deals aren%26#39;t usually saving you money, but they perhaps make things a little more convenient for you.

You can try a sight like www.kayak.com. They are great at compiling information for many sites when you are hunting for air fares, etc., but I don%26#39;t know if they compare the package deals.

It%26#39;s just my opinion, but, more often than not, I think you end up with a better deal if you book your air and hotel separately.

Naming your own price on Priceline is another matter entirely, but then you can%26#39;t cancel once you%26#39;ve booked your hotel, or, if you%26#39;re really brave and have lots of time, your flight.

Which online service offers the best package deals?

I agree w/Rocco - the only time I%26#39;ve actually purchased through Travelocity or Expedia is for very last minute travel to the West Indies.

I always use them to do comparison shopping however - they are great for determing whcih airlines are flying which routes. I then almost always end up booking direct with the airline and direct with the hotel.

One new site I%26#39;m using more frequently to check air fares is farecast.com It%26#39;s pretty cool. Tells you when to buy - by day, time of day, how far out, etc.

http://www.farecast.com/?cid=2305


I agree with Rocco. I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s any one site that will be better/cheaper all the time and for every city/hotel/scenario. I also think you sometimes don%26#39;t get the best options with a package but if you%26#39;re happy with both the flights and the hotel and you couldn%26#39;t have gotten them for the price you%26#39;re paying by buying separately, you did well. Site59.com is a site I%26#39;ve heard has good last minute pkgs.


i have to agree with what has already been said...one site i found prices a little less than travelocity and expedia was hotels.com they have a package section you may want to check but for me personally i usually book air and hotel seperately

  • makeup websites
  • long hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment