Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lexus SUV taxi - Anyone seen??

This made me do a double (triple check!).





Yesterday afternoon on my way to the dentist I hailed a cab as normal, and what pulled over (yes, it had it%26#39;s medallion and was a true NYC cab) a lexus suv!





I%26#39;ve been in the fords, the toyotas and the other new %26#39;mini van%26#39; type cabs, but a lexus?





Anyone else seen these around? It was so cute, the driver was so proud of his ride!!



Lexus SUV taxi - Anyone seen??


I have seen yellow medallion SUVs on the street, in addition to the mini-vans, but never bothered to look closely enough to see what make they were. I imagine this guy owned his own medallion and car; as I would be surprised if one of those was part of a fleet.



Lexus SUV taxi - Anyone seen??


I dont know what make it was, but I saw a small SUV taxi yesterday or this morning that had ';hybrid'; on the back





I didnt realize they were hybrids.




The hybrids have been around a while now (yeah, get more, get more!!!) I%26#39;m pretty sure they%26#39;re the Ford SUVs.





I have yet to see the lexus one since Friday...so bizarre!




Maybe the Lexus is on its way to Arizona. There was a story in the Sunday Times about a couple who are retiring to Arizona and don%26#39;t want their cats to have to fly in the hold of a plane. The couple, however, like so many New Yorkers, don%26#39;t drive. They happened to describe their plight to a taxi driver in whose car they were riding (a medallion SUV), and he offered to drive them there. They are paying him $3,000 plus lodging, food and fuel. The head of the TLC said this is a good deal, as the metered fare would be $5,000 each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment