Friday, April 13, 2012

The leaves.....

I%26#39;ve seen CP in the summer and in the snow (both beautiful) but I%26#39;ve always wanted to see it when the leaves are turning.





Arriving 1st November, will I have to run from the plane to the park to catch the last of them or am I hitting it at the right time?





I have pictures in my head of seeing kids out trick-or-treating with the leaves a lovely rust colour........ was this just for the movies or since I%26#39;m arriving the day after Halloween have I timed it just right?



The leaves.....


Given our crazy weather, I think you%26#39;ll do fine. Some recent autumns, the leaves haven%26#39;t changed until mid-November. Ugh!





鈥ytimes.com/2006/10/01/travel/01weekend.html





If you want to get technical, it all depends on the rainfall and night temps in the summer and leading up to fall. Many folks in the northeastern US are really into ';leaf peeping';, so there are many geeky websites about it that will indicate ';near peak';, ';peak'; or ';past peak'; colors.





P.S. I really WILL add your tirp report to my collections! I printed the whole thing out, but haven%26#39;t actualy finished reading it yet! :o)



The leaves.....


LOL! Thanks QB, I think I need to google some of these leaf peeping sites closer to the time (some people clearly have too much time on their hands). I%26#39;ve been hoping for a warm summer to delay things a bit but I%26#39;d be most upset if they turn after I%26#39;ve left!





Oh and sorry about the length of the trip report (that%26#39;s why I put it in seperate days, so as not to scare people too much!) Hope you%26#39;re enjoying it anyway.




The city%26#39;s leaves turn later than the surrounding areas, so it%26#39;s pretty likely you%26#39;ll see some fall color (or colour). If they start turning early, I%26#39;ll save some for you.




Thanks mum!




Ange,



The leaves should be turning then. If they aren%26#39;t you might want to consider renting a car and driving up north a bit. The scenery is really beautiful upstate when the leaves are changing.



Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment