Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CNN Studio Tours

Gee,it seems the reason I couldn%26#39;t find any information on the CNN Studio Tours is that they have not operated since December 31, 2006.





I feel vindicated as a librarian, since I was chastised by a regular on this forum (NOT a Expert) for not being able to find the information about it:)





Mary



CNN Studio Tours


in March 07 they were still being offered



CNN Studio Tours


You%26#39;re correct (I live a block away). The tours stopped a while ago. I only know this because my boyfriend and I were there this past weekend killing time before out dinner reservations.





Sniff sniff, I had always delayed going (wanting to catch a glimpse of Anderson Cooper).





However, they still have the shop open and some memorabilia from Larry King, etc in the store.




That makes it more interesting, Rickilakefan, since they had a sign up stating that due to a decision by Turner Broadcasting, the tours ended effective December 31, 2006! I was there on April 3rd. No one there (in the cheesy CNN shop) seemed to know anything about it. I suggested they mention on their website that the tours are no longer offered, but I don%26#39;t think I was speaking with anyone with much authority:)





Did you get to take a tour in March?





Mary




Agree with previous poster. We visited in Feb and went in to see if we could catch the tour again. All closed up. The shop is still there but the bit where you joined the tour is all closed down. Shame really.... it really was a very good tour. And I had no idea who Anderson Cooper was until I went on the tour!




Here%26#39;s analternative TV tour: NBC studio tours (49th Street, between 5th and 6th Ave). They%26#39;re really informative and entertaining. I recommend reserving a spot right when you get in the area...

No comments:

Post a Comment