Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Traveling with 2 dogs

I am planning on going to Lake Placid over labor day weekend with my husband and 2 dachshunds . Trying to decide betweem the Hilton, Crowne Plaza Olympic Center and the Golden Arrow Lake resort. Of course I am open to any other suggestions. I want to be able to walk into town as well . Also do the restaurants with outdoor seating allow dogs?





Thanks



JaneW



Traveling with 2 dogs


Hi Jane...



you might want to check out the pet policies with each hotel because I know that the ';pet'; rates do vary from the 3 hotels. I personally like the Crown Plaza the best as far as the hotels are concerned, and they they are a little more pet friendly vs. the Hilton and the Golden Arrow, plus lately i%26#39;ve heard people complain about the Hilton for some reason.





As far as the restaurants with outdoor seating, I%26#39;m not really sure, there are a few places around town that have outdoor seating, ie Station Street Grill, Ad%26#39;k Steak and Seafood Co, and The Cottage, but I%26#39;m not sure if they would allow dogs, even small ones like dachs.. There isn%26#39;t any NY law pertaining to dog being allowed in ourside seating eateries that I know of, so i would bring the puppy crates just in case. If i find out anything else, i%26#39;ll let you know.





Nora



Traveling with 2 dogs


I was just at Lake Placid and stayed at Art Devlins Olympic Motor Lodge with my 45 lb shep/collie mutt. It was VERY dog friendly with a place in the back for relieving themselves complete with baggies and a trash can! Best of all - it was quiet! The larger hotels all seemed a bit insane with all the kids at hockey tournaments or what have you which is OK but when you have dogs that are in a new place, noise can set them to barking so I prefer quiet. Devlins had a little breakfast offer - individually wrapped muffins, donuts, coffee, etc. so easy to grab and go. Right down from the skating oval and close to the lake so easy to walk dog in the morning. We also liked taking our dog to the cross country courses near the luge track where my daughter was (Mt. Houvenberg or however you spell it! ;-)



They have 2 big sheps on site. Not super friendly just there which was good to know and never a problem. The facilities are ';lodge-ish'; with vaulted paneled ceilings in the upstairs which we liked. No view of the lake or indoor pool ... but an outdoor pool (seasonal) and a quiet location without crowds that is cool with the puppy set. We are going back in 2 weeks and will stay here again. Beds were comfy, little fridge, very clean rooms. Each room has separate door to exterior halls so it%26#39;s motel vs. hotel style. Again - fine by me and makes sense for our Mochaccino. Have a great stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment