Sunday, April 22, 2012

wedding flowers

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Midtown Manhattan, close to The Waldorf Hotel, preferably, where I can buy buttonholes %26amp; a bouquet with just a couple of days notice? I%26#39;ve looked on websites but lots don%26#39;t have prices, and I%26#39;d rather choose in person so I know exactly what I am getting.



wedding flowers


Amanda.....First, I resume congratulations are in order cause I guess you%26#39;re getting married. Your photo looks so young.....good for you. For my wedding we used Spitz %26amp; Peck at 402 East 53rd Street over by the corner of Second Avenue (212)688-9156. I think they do a lot of wedding stuff because a friend of mine also used them out in Long Island. I remember my wife having a bit of an argument with them about putting green cybidium orchids, to match her bouget, in the $65 place settings. We got the cybidiums in the end and have lived happily ever after.



They are a bit expensive though and you might just check out Dahlia in Grand Central Station to see what they might be able to jimmy rig for the day. They are much cheaper but you might not find what you need. The guy that runs the stand is very nice and he would probably put together either a dendrodium or cybidium orchid button hole together for you if you tell him you%26#39;re getting married. They also always have roses, tulips, and other stuff.



Have a Very Happy ..... till death do you part !



wedding flowers


Spitz %26amp; Peck is a good idea.





Zeze is also near the Waldorf at 52 st %26amp; 1st ave. and is another good option.





Takashimaya at Fifth ave %26amp; 54 st (upscale Japanese dept store) has an amazing flower dept just as you walk into the store. They do a beautiful job.





Surroundings is not near the Waldorf but a great florist on the upper west side.



www.surroundingsflowers.com/Default.asp?




Now that I think about it Amanda ..... Dahlia in Grand Central Station near track number 38 to 42 on the first level has $15 to 25 dollar bouqets everyday that might be quite suitable for you as a wedding bouqet. Ask the manager, Greg, if he can tie a ribbon around it or better yet bring your own silk ribbon. Tell the manager that Lotuspath sent you.....don%26#39;t worry if he gives you a confused look ..... he%26#39;s quite the joker !



Happily Ever After .....



Lotus




hi Amanda,



congratulations on your upcoming wedding. i got a beautiful bouquet of roses for my wedding last year from a florist in midtown. I just walked in on morning of my wedding, explained what i was after, then called back an hour later to pick them up.





Excellent service and could offer any combination of flowers that i wantedfor a very reasonable price. Only problem is i can%26#39;t remember the name of the florist. It is on West 43rd st between 5th and 6th avenue and has a deli beside it. Hope this is of some help!





Mrs S X


  • makeup websites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment