Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sofitel or Millenium Hilton?

I%26#39;m coming to new York for a weekend or maybe longer in July and I wanted to know you guys opinions on which hotel should i pick location wise. I have stayed at both these hotels in the past and I just loved the Millenium hilton, I wasn%26#39;t too crazy about the Sofitel but I think it may be in a better location to walk and see things (am I right?).

Is there alot to see around the Sofitel area? When I stayed there before I just went to sleep and got up and went home the next morning so I didn%26#39;t really have a chance to take anything in really.

Both hotels are going for about the same price.

Sofitel or Millenium Hilton?

Considering you will probably be visiting over the weekend, I would opt for the Sofitel. Unless you have a specific reason for staying so far downtown, the weekend can be pretty quiet down there where the Millenium Hilton is located. Also, with the construction, the subway that far downtown can get a little confusing.

The Sofitel is on 44th Street, between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue. It%26#39;s close to Times Square, and many other attractions. Plus, it%26#39;s a very nice hotel. That would be my choice.

Sofitel or Millenium Hilton?

I would agree that the Sofitel is best and you will love staying there. Great location, large rooms by nyc standards and very clean! T


I%26#39;m wondering if you%26#39;ve got the name correct. The Millenium Hilton is all the way downtown in the financial district next to the former WTC site. It%26#39;s not exactly the best location for a weekend, but it really depends on what you%26#39;re doing while you%26#39;re here.

There are also HUNDREDS of other hotels to chose from. If you didn%26#39;t like the Sofitel but want to be midtown, why wouldn%26#39;t you chose something else. You can find something cheaper that you might like better. The Parker Meridien has a rooftop enclosed swimming pool that would be a nice amenity in July and it%26#39;s close to Central Park. It would probably be cheaper than the Sofitel. It%26#39;s a Priceline hotel and if you bid on Priceline for a 4* in upper midtown, you could even get it for less than $200/night. July is a time to look for bargains. I%26#39;d also check on travelzoo.com closer to the trip and see what they might have on offer. Another nice option might be the new London NYC which is a suite hotel and has some awesome views. They%26#39;ve been running specials on that for about $369/night.


There is a Millenium Hotel in Midtown-my bosses just stayed there about two weeks ago. Some of the college basketball teams playing at the Big East Tournament at MSG were staying there also, undoubtedy b/c of the proximity to the Garden.

However, said bosses didn%26#39;t particularly care for the Millenium as they said the beds were incredibly hard and they found it difficult to sleep. Based on other reviews, I%26#39;d opt for the Sofitel.

  • email
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment