Friday, March 30, 2012

Has anyone been to Gordan Ramsay / London Bar recently?

I have made a reservation at Gordon Ramsay the night we arrive in the city. They only had 10.30pm available.





However reading reviews on TA I am now wondering if I would have been better booking the London bar instead? Especially if hubby can get away with no jacket in the London bar.





He loves Gordon Ramsay and has recently finished his autobiography but I don%26#39;t fancy coaxing him into a jacket at 10pm.



Has anyone been to Gordan Ramsay / London Bar recently?


Ange will tell you more as she has been recently but if you are eating in the restaurant then he will need a jacket, I know because I%26#39;ve recently booked for next month and have checked.



Has anyone been to Gordan Ramsay / London Bar recently?


Thanks Puddleduck2. If he can get away with jeans in the bar he might prefer than at 10.30pm after a long flight. I can%26#39;t even ask him yet because it is a surprise and he doesn%26#39;t even know we are going.



I might make a reservation in the bar (if I can) too and then cancel one nearer the time.




I think you%26#39;re very brave going on your first night there - I fully expect to be asleep by 10.30 on my first night ;0)




We loved the food in the dining room (can%26#39;t comment on the bar) but I remember walking through the bar on my way back from the toilet and feeling pleased we hadn%26#39;t booked to eat in there. It%26#39;s a huge, noisy space whereas the dining room only has 14 (I think) tables and it feels as if you%26#39;re part of some exclusive little club.





Definitely worth putting a jacket on for IMO.




Thanks Ange. We will have to try and get some kip on the plane and hit the pro plus!




Definitely! What time do you get in?





Just remembered that this is a suprise for your hubby isn%26#39;t it! I%26#39;m sure he%26#39;lll do you a favour in return and wear a jacket for a few hours!




We land at 4pm. So possibility we could get our heads down for a couple of hours before dinner if we needed to.





Yes he will just be thrilled to be going.




ange we are going for lunch in the restaurant at Gordon Ramsay, do men need to wear a suit or would jeans and a smart jacket be OK??




You might just be too excited MSC, plus you%26#39;ve got to cram in as much as poss!





Manwell, I%26#39;d say you%26#39;d be ok with smart jeans + shirt + jacket for lunch but you%26#39;d be better to check with them first.




Hi - we ate in the restaurant on the evening of our wedding and it was fab !





Enjoyed it so much we went back and ate in the bar on the following evening - the food was good but worked out more expensive than the restaurant and it was very noisy. Also service was a bit erratic.


  • smokey eye
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment