Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mott Haven

I%26#39;m going to be in New York for a day next week and was thinking about having a look at my dad%26#39;s old neighborhood. I%26#39;d probably take the subway to 3rd Ave and 138th and walk from there over toward Willis Ave. Is that a good idea (or a bad one)? I know the South Bronx has had a bad reputation but I%26#39;ve also read recently about things turning around a bit particularly in Mott Haven. Thanks in advance for any advice.



Mott Haven


Check out these links





www.filthymess.com



www.urbandecay.com



local.live.com





From what I have read and seen my self (last December) the place is a ghetto and is not that safe.



Mott Haven


Just read your message and I am wondering if you did this trip. I grew up in that area between Willis Ave and Brook Ave on 145th St. I live in CO but my daughter lives in Manhattan. Next week I am planning a reunion trip with my sister and we are hoping to go to the old neighborhood. Let me know if you went and what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment